Thursday, September 4, 2014

10 More .... 10 Less


What a mess...
10 More and 10 Less
 
 
My class had been working HARD on 1 More 1 Less, and I could tell they were finally GETTING it!
SO I packed on something more...
10 More 10 Less!
I was so SCARED this would throw my kiddos for a LOOP, but BOY did they prove me wrong!!
I think since we worked so hard to master 1 more 1 less, the 10 more 10 less concept sunk in much easier! Of course these little gadgets I made HELPED A WHOLE BUNCH!

 
I simply drew the tool (I call it our number T) out on paper, made copies, laminated, and cut! I would call out a number aloud and prompt them to write that number in the middle. Then they had to find 1 more, 1 less, 10 more, and 10 less. I also made a BIG version of the tool that stuck to my board. I would call up volunteers to help me complete my "number T." I think this tool really helped them to visualize their numbers!

 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment