Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Don't Know What I've Been Told ....

Left, Left, Left, Right, Left
We worked on Place Value Skills
ARMY STYLE!
 
 
 
When checking out my favorite blogs for ideas on teaching Place Value I found this fun video!
I took this idea and ran with it!
Grabbed my army hat at the local Dollar Tree and practiced my "Drill Sergeant" voice!
The kids LOVED it!
 
For our "partner work" in the lesson I found a WONDERFUL Place Value scavenger hunt complete with exercise cards! The students walked around the room with their recording sheets. Some of the cards posted on the walls had base ten block pictures, and some of the cards had exercise activities. The students had to look at the base ten blocks and write the matching number on their recording sheet. If they found an exercise card they had to complete the exercise!
GREAT way to motivate, keep them moving, and practice place value skills!
Check out the pictures of my boys and girls on their Place Value Scavenger Hunt!
Working hard counting base ten blocks!

Push-ups anyone?
It is so fun to watch little ones do jumping jacks!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment