Sunday, November 16, 2014

We are FAMILY ... Fact Family That Is!

We Are Family...
I've Got All My Sisters With Me!
 
 
Ok now that you have that song in your head driving you crazy...Check out all the fun things we have been doing with Fact Families!
 
First I like to play these songs while we are learning about Fact Families! I teach Math at the end of the day and I always have to make sure to have a great "Hook" that gets my kids engaged and excited about Math!
 

 
I found these AWESOME tools to use for Fact Family practice! I don't know about you, but all I have to say is the word IPAD and my students are hooked! I glued them on some construction paper and laminated them so that my students could use them at their desk with Dry Erase markers. I would write the three numbers on the board, and watch them complete the fact family on their very own IPAD!

I then would call on a volunteer to come and write the fact family on the board!
 

After we had a lot of practice I gave them a worksheet for their assessment! Also IPAD themed of course!
 
Another fun activity we did with fact families incorporated Candy Corn! Who doesn't love candy corn!?! Remember how I said I teach Math at the end of the day ..... like AFTER lunch end of the day! Well my kiddos are tuckered out by the time we make it to Math! They are not nearly as motivated to stay focused and participate! This makes my planning for math SO IMPORTANT! I need them up and moving and ENGAGED!
So we played "Musical Candy Corn!"
I made these candy corn images, wrote three numbers on each of them, and put one candy corn at each child's desk. Each student had a blank fact family worksheet to use for the activity! When the music started they walked around the room, when the music stopped they had to sit down at the closest seat and record the fact family for the numbers on their candy corn! The kiddos LOVED it!
 
Watch this video of my kids participating in this activity! Oh and why yes ... we are listening to our special "We Are Family" music while we play! Some of my students showed ofF their "soul" while they walked around the room!
Don't mind some of the crazy hair you see in the video! It was crazy hair day at school!
 
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW MY BLOG TO KEEP UP WITH THE HAPPENINGS IN OUR CLASSROOM!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment