Friday, August 22, 2014

Parent Night Success!

Parent Night
 
At the beginning of each school year, we host a Parent Night! This is the opportunity to invite your parents to school so that you can give a short presentation about the in and outs of your classroom!

I bribe my little kiddos with an incentive so that I ensure to have a great turnout! My bribe: If you have a parent show up for Parent Night .... you get a trip to the treasure box the next day (who can't resist that)! I LOVE starting the year off with a GREAT relationship with all my parents! We all are on the same TEAM right!?
After putting in some hours after school .... my classroom is ready to welcome all of our parents! Notice the fun gift I give my parents! A picture of their child on the 1st day of school! It says "HANDS DOWN 1st Grade is the BEST!" Always give the parents something cute to leave with from their child!



Here is what I include in my Parent Night Packet:
Apple for the Parent Note
A Note from Scholastic about our Scholastic orders (found on Scholastic)
A Note for Remind101

You can find a similar apple note by clicking the link above! I used the die-cut machines at my school to cut out the apples and then I just attached the poem!
If you have not heard about Remind101 I HIGHLY suggest you click on the link and sign up! It is a GREAT resource and FREE! My parents love that I have this way to send quick reminders (we all know how crazy life gets)!

Other than this.... I present my PPT presentation that highlights my rules, procedures, homework, grades, and the 1st grade curriculum! Of course I make my PPT monster themed! I purchased my PPT template here.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment