Saturday, August 9, 2014

I Survived Registration Day!

I Survived Registration Day!
 
Registration Day is not only hectic for us as teachers, it is very stressful for our parents! They walk into our classroom and are pulled in several different directions! They are exploring the room wondering what is in store for their student, they have a zillion forms to fill out, they feel obligated to tell you their child's life story, they have questions to ask, they need to sign up for snacks/events, and etc.! Not to mention most parent have several kids they have to register!
This is why I give each parent a Registration Checklist! This helps the parent ensure they do everything I need them to do prior to leaving!
 
At each desk I place a folder that has the student's name on it! When you open the folder one side reads "Return to School" and the other side reads "Leave at Home." The "Return to School" side are the forms that I need the parent to complete and turn in to me. The "Leave at Home" side contains TON of notes, my classroom handout, and a letter to them from the teacher. They are so LUCKY to get all this information and take it home to read!
My classroom handout contains information about me, my rules and procedures, our classroom schedule, and upcoming dates to look forward to.
 
Of course I have to give each new student a little treat before they leave my room!
These balloons were PERFECT! I found them at the Dollar Tree and they blow them up for you and they were only $1.00! Who can beat that! It was tricky driving to school with 20 balloons in my backseat! It was probably not the safest thing, but I made it there safely! The kiddos loved them!
 
The balloons also made the room look so FESTIVE when you walk in!
 
 
The most important thing I make sure each parent completes is our "How I Stomp Home" chart!
They find their child's name and record how they get home each day! I also write our county's bus garage phone number so that parents can confirm their child's bus number!
 
 
SNACKS are so important! My class has one of the latest lunch times, which means by 10-11 my babies are starving! So each day we have a 10 min. snack break. On my weekly newsletter I have a snack calendar. Parent who sign up for our snack schedule, will be asked to donate snack for our WHOLE class 1-2 times per month! This tends to work the best for me so that EVERYONE gets a snack, and it saves money for the parents!
 
 

 
While the parents are BUSY doing ALL these things, what are the kids doing? I always make sure to set up a few things on my carpet for the students to keep entertained with! I placed out blocks, big floor puzzles, and I always put some coloring books and crayons at my back table! The kids and their siblings are easily entertained so that the parents can take their time getting everything accomplished!

Registration is Over!
Now it is time to sort all those forms, and organize everything to be prepared for the 1st DAY OF SCHOOL!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment