Thursday, January 1, 2015

Oh DEER ... Christmas is almost here

Oh DEER...Christmas Break is almost here!!
 
With a three day week right before Christmas Break, we have the perfect opportunity to review taught skills in a FUN way.
 
I complete a different Unit each day .... This shows you a glance at my REINDEER unit!
 
I did not create these units myself so here are links to units that I purchased on TPT.
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Olive-the-Other-Reindeer-UNIT-456625http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reindeer-Unit-Nonfiction-and-Fiction-Literacy-Activities-430083

We kick-off the day by creating Reindeer antlers to wear! I then paint the kids' noses red/black.
 
 
 
Now that we look like reindeer we learn about Reindeer using a flipchart I created from the Reindeer Unit pictured above. We complete a Fact and Opinion sort about Reindeers using the facts we learned in the flipchart! 
 
We read "Rudolph" and "Olive the Other Reindeer" and compare and contrast the characters.
 
We complete the day by making Reindeer Food!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment