Sunday, October 12, 2014

Making a Mess with our Spelling Words!

We made a MESS this week...
with our Spelling Words!
 
I am always trying to find new ways to make spelling interesting! The other day when my students came back into the classroom from Special Classes, they found a small pile of shaving cream on their desk!
They were excited and full of curiosity!
I instructed them to make a square/rectangle on their desk with the shaving cream and imagine it was a sheet of paper.
I called out the spelling words and had them write the word in the shaving cream using their finger. I could easily walk around and see how had their words mastered, and who were still struggling!
 
Once I went through all the words, I instructed them to rub rub rub the shaving cream into their desks (like lotion).
Guess what .... it cleans the desks too!
THEY LOVED THE ACTIVITY!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment